The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The TalkingPoker.com Invitational (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107)

Talking Poker 01-20-05 08:45 PM

The TalkingPoker.com Invitational

Who: You
What: Private $10+1 NLHE tournament for TPF members only
When: Sunday, January 30th, 2005, 7:30 PM ET.
Where:
Why: For bragging rights, of course.
How: Easy:

1. Make at least 20 quality* posts before the tournament starts.
2. PM me for the tourney password.
3. Open Poker Stars, click on Tourney/Private and go to the TalkingPoker.com Invitational.
4. Click on "Register" and enter the password.

Tada - that's all there is to it.

The post requirement is no big deal and will be waved for anyone with over 300 posts or the forum regulars (you know who you are) - just PM me and I'll give it to you guys). It's more for the new posters this tourney may recruit and the inactive ones who were only active here during the Pay Per Post era...

*Quality will be determined by me and by me only. I'm certainly not expecting long poker essays or detailed hand analysis... All I mean is that no brainer one liners won't count and neither will SPAM, Off Topic stuff, etc. Just make 20 poker related posts. Easy enough.

Talking Poker 01-20-05 08:48 PM

Did I mention the bounty?

I may add more goodies later as people start registering, but for now, consider there to be a $25 bounty on my head (subject to increase, depending on the size of the prize pool).

BrianSwa 01-20-05 08:58 PM

hey

Im probolly in, not sure yet have to run the date by my wife see if she has anything planned. Its a great idea though TP.

johnbaker 01-20-05 09:09 PM

i need to trade someone for some stars money so i can play, anyone who could help please pm me or email me, or talk to me on AIM (johnbaker21)

DCopper04 01-20-05 09:58 PM

I'm interested in playing, although I, too, would need a trade to get some $$ on Stars. I wouldn't think of myself as a "regular" of this forum, but I'm sure I can muster a few more posts before the 30th. Hope to see a lot of you guys there.

If this tourney has a good showing, howabout a TalkingPoker.com Blind Man's Bluff MTT? HAHAHA.....I don't know of any place you can play that online, but would'nt that be a show.......

Gutzz 01-20-05 09:59 PM

he he he,

Guys I got a crapload of stars money for those who'd like to trade :).

Cheers,

Gutzz

BrianSwa 01-20-05 10:32 PM

hmmm

Ill take some....oh wait you said trade.....damn nevermind :)

GeoffM 01-20-05 10:52 PM

Eek, not good for me. Oh well, guess next time. Gotta help my brother package up some shit for moving day on Tuesday. TP, I may be able to watch for a bit if that is possible on stars and if you wouldn't mind pming me the password :) .

Talking Poker 01-21-05 01:58 AM

No one seemed to really be requesting times that were good for them, so I just went ahead and picked one. If a LOT of you who want to play can't make this, I have no problem changing it to Monday night. But we need to decide ASAP, so people that CAN make this time don't get screwed by the switch.

Thanks Gutzz for taking care of the money trading. BTW... for those who don't have Stars accounts yet and need one to play (or to watch), please download the software and set up your account through this link:

Doing so might even encourage me to add some $$ to the prize pool ;)

Aequitas58 01-21-05 03:12 AM

I'm looking at the calendar now, and I don't think I'll be able to make it. I might be able to pop in and see how things are going, but Sunday nights are rough for me.

fonzerelli_79 01-21-05 07:23 AM

sounds like a laugh
ill let you know nearer the time as it starts at 12.30 pm here in the uk - might me too late with work in the morning and all

damn....thats a helluva lot of chocolate!!!! :D

PShabi 01-21-05 08:20 AM

Daddy's in....

For sure.

GeoffM 01-21-05 08:43 AM

The thing is TP, I'm always on the go. I only have maybe 20 minutes notice before I decide to sit down and play poker. I can't plan that far ahead 'cause my life is really fucked up, always on the go and shit. I always have last minute stuff springing up that I would never dream of. Anyhow, if I download that using your link but don't make a deposit, will that disqualify me from getting a deposit bonus if they were to offer one in the future?

SirFWALGMan 01-21-05 10:55 AM

Im in!

I look forward to collecting that bounty too! heh.

Defendant 01-21-05 12:03 PM

All about it, weee.

Defendant

Talking Poker 01-21-05 12:56 PM

Absolutely not. Stars deposit bonuses are tied to the deposits themselves. they don't do the "first time" stuff like most sites. If and when they offer their next bonus, it's for everyone.... new players AND current players too.

jillaj 01-24-05 12:43 AM

I will most likely be playing as well. I have to check to see what projects i have due. But I think I will be able to play.

junYUN 01-25-05 02:07 AM

i'm definatly in

drewjax 01-25-05 06:43 AM

I'm in, should be great. Thanks TP

PShabi 01-27-05 10:36 AM

Predictions:

pshabi
|
|
|
|
|
|
yous guys

Can't wait to annihilate. (is that how you spell that?)

Talking Poker 01-27-05 11:13 AM

LOL... I love it.

Now I need to just not forget about this thing - I almost went and made plans - yikes!

drewjax 01-27-05 05:49 PM

How many do you expect to play? Only a few reg. now.

ChipFish 01-27-05 06:09 PM

I suppose I could drop in for a few hands...

;)

Talking Poker 01-27-05 10:42 PM

I have no idea. I figured most people would wait until just before to register, to make sure they are still available. The more the better. I'm guessing this first one will be fairly small.... maybe 8-10 peeps. Should still be lots of fun.

badblood44 01-28-05 11:16 AM

I'm in and looking forward to it. This should bring some fun back to the game for me, an element that has been missing for a couple of weeks.

Don't read this as me saying it won't be competitive, just that it will be fun. I look forward to the in-game and post-game posting trash talk :)