The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PAD Nets vs. Vets Cash Game... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15215)

Talking Poker 02-19-09 04:21 PM

PAD Nets vs. Vets Cash Game...

Poker After Dark is runnign a "Nets vs. Vets" cash game this week:

Taylor Caby
Cole South
David Benefield (sp?)

Doyle Brunson
Gabe Kaplan
Eli Spewmonkey Elezra

I recorded the first 3 episodes so far, and was hoping for some good stuff... but so far, the poker is actually quite boring. It's no High Stakes Poker, that's for sure.

Speaking of, when does HSP start up again? They moved networks, right?

de-coder 02-19-09 06:22 PM

I've been watching this and tend to agree. There was one interesting hand with a big pot involving Kaplan and Benifield, and another were Kaplan got Eli to fold a flush (I thought it was a pretty easy call, but he tanked and folded - Kaplan's table talk was pretty good I thought) but that's about it so far.

Talking Poker 02-19-09 07:10 PM

It should be noted that it was a 7 high 4 flush on a paired board.... not exactly a monster hand.

Robbie Robb 02-19-09 07:30 PM

It appears that while WPT left GSN, HSP is staying put for at least one more season and premieres Sunday, March 1 (and will be on Sundays from now on).

jillaj 02-19-09 10:19 PM

It should be noted that Eli is clearly the mark at the table. Also the way the hand played out I think it was a pretty bad laydown as well.

Reel Deal 02-19-09 10:36 PM

DVR the wrap-up show on Sat night, imo.

Talking Poker 02-20-09 12:10 AM

I would like to see him vs. Sammy Farha HU4Rollz.

Hey, maybe those guys play like 10 levels above me and I just can't comprehend their constant spew.

Or.............. maybe not.

de-coder 02-23-09 09:25 PM

I watched the directors cut, listened to his breakdown of the hand, and still don't know why he folded. He seemed to say that he didn't think Kaplan had a FH, or a bigger spade - he just said he didn't feel like calling the 8600. I'm not sure why he'd call the turn bet, which he said was cheap (4000), and then fold the river.

Talking Poker 02-24-09 02:00 PM

The only interesting hand IMO was Benefield (56) vs. Brunson (KJ).

Flop: 66K
Turn: x
River: J

Doyle made a big raise on the river and actually got Benefield to lay it down, which surprised me. Doyle made a misread (must have put him on AK or so?) but it ended up working out for him.

I was surprised Benefield folded on the river, TBH. Someone find a video of this hand... I'm sure it's out there.

de-coder 02-24-09 07:23 PM

The whole thing is on youtube - do you remember when the hand happened?

Talking Poker 02-25-09 01:00 PM

Nope... maybe Day 3 or 4 or so....

Reel Deal 02-25-09 02:52 PM

It was in the wrap-up show on Saturday night.