The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $100 Freeroll for TalkingPoker.com Posters! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3723)

rookette22 11-29-05 08:07 PM

i know you're trying to be funny Dogg but....like i said ....don't want to take part in the freeroll anymore.... woulda been fun but w/e ....there'll probably be others and i'll take part in future freerolls if i'm allowed to do so....

least i won't be tagged as a " freeroll chasin loser noobette...." lol

Talking Poker 11-29-05 08:55 PM

PM me anytime after 4 or 5:00, let's say.... and I will literally PM you back with the password just before the tourney starts.

I don't want to risk it getting out and having all sort of strangers from another board show up, etc. If anyone even hears talk along those lines, please let me know.

olysports 11-29-05 10:09 PM

Oops, I think that I already pm'd you once already for the password like 2 days ago before I knew this. Sorry about that. I'll just pm you again after 4:00 tomorrow. Thanks for the freeroll. Looking forward to it.

dylan236 11-29-05 10:14 PM

gOT TO LOVE THEM FREEROLLS!

Talking Poker 11-30-05 01:24 AM

FYI: If I win this:

The prize pool for the freeroll is going up, one way or another. Bounties, added prized, I don't know what. But if I win (top 3), I'm kicking in more cash for this.

Go me! :)

BDMK 11-30-05 02:12 AM

TP,

ive got a better idea. if you win that, it should go towards a league.
forget this, or any other, individual pvt events/freerolls.

thats right, im going to keep bothering you about this, because i have the best of intentions and i know im right in this one instance. :D

Talking Poker 11-30-05 02:19 AM

Well, I've got money to give to this forum one way or another. If you guys want it in this freeroll (added prizes and/or bounties), great. If you'd rather me run a contest or something, we can do that too. If you'd rather I hold it for another event, that's fine too. Speak up.

drewjax 11-30-05 02:42 AM

something different...please...save yourself......

BDMK 11-30-05 02:47 AM

i vote for a league. lets say 10 games in 10 successive weeks (make them on a weekday, pls, as we all know sat/sun are big event/sat/qualifier days on all the major sites)

lets say make them half freeroll and half buyin, all equally counting towards the league standings. that, in itself, should effectively shoo away any potential remaining freeroll chasers.

keep the individual tourney prizes as small as possible, give the rest/bulk of the total prize pool to the final league winner(s) up/down to, say, 10th place or so.

thats it from me...what do the rest of you think?

oh and TP i think this whole topic merits a whole separate thread in itself, possibly stickied too. :)

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 08:17 AM

hi guys i need help with this site :cool:

it is really confusing

also to let you know im good at poker

also i want to get in the pker tournement

so i getting the hang of this site

also this so far my favorite site

Do NOT multiple post like that. I merged your posts (this time). It WILL NOT get you into the freeroll so don't waste your time.

rookette22 11-30-05 09:27 AM

Well since i'm not going to be in this freeroll ....i'm routing for YOU ...TP ...to come out in top 3 so that .....YES.....maybe we can have another freeroll....and at least i'll have done my part to be included in that one.....

BrianSwa 11-30-05 09:29 AM

done

he did

PShabi 11-30-05 09:49 AM

It's your loot

Do whatever you want with it.

But I say spice up the freeroll.

420Smurf 11-30-05 09:56 AM

League

A leaugue was mentoined, that would be something I would be interested in doing also for what it's worth. Seems like a great place to come and discuss things and the people here seem to be remarkable. Good Luck and may the cards fall.

BrianSwa 11-30-05 10:09 AM

hey

I think we should do private pay leauges, I know all the freeroll chasers hate this but for the actull real money players think it would be fun. Do like leaugue games every tuesday and friday giving points for top finishers and make top 4 placeing count. I could get you a leaugue calculator if you want it.

BlibbityBlabbity 11-30-05 10:18 AM

How about a pay league ($5 and $10 events) and the day before each event you have an open freeroll (with no prize pool-just set one up somewhere) and the winner of that gets a free entry (or the entry fee at Pokerstars or something). That way there really isn't any direct prize in the freeroll (to avoid the problems we have been having lately) and there is a CHANCE to get into the events for free for those that can't afford it or don't have money in the site, etc, etc...

Also, in general if you wanted to hold another freeroll some other time, you could set something up without a prize pool (how we have done the heads up matches). That way all the prizes are distributed by you directly and you can catch anyone who is trying to sneak in/buy passwords/etc.

Nikita 11-30-05 10:23 AM

A poker league sounds interesting and I'd consider joining. Although, I'm not familar with how the rules work with a poker league, but I'm guessing it's similar to other sports leagues.

rookette22 11-30-05 10:34 AM

I'm confused....hmmm....isn't the freeroll later on today?

rookette22 11-30-05 10:40 AM

k....got it ...reread TP's post over again....Congrats TP!

captain_festival 11-30-05 03:54 PM

i hear ya mr.AA ...i feel the same way..but i will give it a shot !!!

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 04:40 PM

so you need 50 post for the 100$ freeroll

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 04:41 PM

what about new members

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 04:42 PM

i really want to be in that 100$ freroll because pokerstar is the only site i play

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 04:43 PM

thats my favorite poker site

bigbrandon33 11-30-05 04:44 PM

;) because it has the best tourements